Question & Answers

Need Professional Help?

Talk to a Litigation Lawyers, Please Click Ask a Lawyer Button

अंश-बंडा कानुन र मान हानि
  • posted by Dambar Bahadur Karki |
  • 4 months ago

नमस्ते, हाल हाम्रो नेपालमा अंश-बंडा गर्ने कानुन कस्तो रहेको छ? के बाऊ ले कमाएको सम्पतिमा छोराले अंश माग्न पाइन्छ? बाउको इक्षा सम्पति नदिने रहेको छ।

हाम्रो परिवारको बारेमा गलत बयान दिने छिमेकी विरुद्ध प्रहरी उजुरी गर्न सक्छौं? मान हानि भएको छ । सर्लाहीमा यस्तो भइरहेको छ । के तपाईं हामीलाई यस परिदृश्यमा कसरी अगाडि बढ्न मद्दत गर्न सक्नुहुन्छ? कुनै पनि सुझावहरू अत्यधिक सराहना गरिनेछ। धन्यवाद!

Nepali divorce duration
  • posted by Ashok Sathiaseelan |
  • 7 months ago


    A Nepali friend of mine living in India. She got married in Nepal with another Nepali citizen. After they have 2 kids, they are separated last 10 years and there is no communication between them.  There is no information about her husband for the last 1o years and there is no information about his current living situation. How long it will take for a Nepali girl to get divorce in this situation?

Property division and rights of relative to claim my self acquired property
  • posted by elina neupane |
  • 7 months ago

Hi there,

I am Elina, currently residing in Sydney Australia. I have been working as registered Nurse here therefore able to save some of my earnings to buy some property in Nepal. I have paid almost 80-90% of the deposit for the land but one concern raised prior transferring the name( naam saari garnu aghi) is that my husband’s side there are some issues with there ancestors property. His father and 2 uncles haven’t done property division yet because his uncles are not agreeing regarding some loan issues.   

I was told that Due to this if in future the uncles want to go court for property division then all of the property and saving of my husbands family will be divided with them including mine and my husband’s saving which is totally self acquired as we are overseas. Is this true and legal?

Could you please give me some advise. I am planning to visit Nepal soon to sort out this issue but not sure where to begin with.

How to get the custody of my 4 years old kid who is forcefully taken by my laws and give to my parents
  • posted by Vishna Bist |
  • 11 months ago

Hello there, I am currently living in Australia and have a 4 years old kid. He was born here in Australia but I dropped him to Nepal in mid 2019 for sometime as I had some hardships here. When I planned to bring him back in few months Covid locked everything as we all know. I left him to my parents as they live in dhangadhi and my laws live in Bajhang. My parents were with me when he was born here and they love him immensely. It’s been 

more than a year my child is with my laws now. My parents left him there for sometime coz they had some matters to finish last year. We didn’t say anything about him living in pahad for a year. But in December he turned 4 and we were planning to put him in a good school in dhangadhi. You can imagine what type of upbringing he might be getting in pahad and that too a child who is supposed to come to Australia. Then in the month of February me and my husband decided to talk to his parents to discuss about our child to shift to dhangadhi. They were not happy about it but they said he’s your child do whatever you want. We Requested them to send him there but they said they won’t and asked us to arrange for the travel by ourselves. Then I arranged his travel with the help of my father and asked my father to go and pick him up. He then went there to pick up as per my request. He even called them before leaving for Bajhang and before reaching there house. Then he reached there and he thought of doing video call to show our child but it didn’t connect. So he started taking phone videos. After a while, my laws started to talk to him badly, lot of shatters, sarcasms followed by curses. All of these got recorded. They even tried to beat him up. He kept calming them down. He never cursed them back. He even said to not to behave like that. He said sone give me the child it’s fine but plz don’t behave like this. But they kept abusing him. He just defended them Nicely. I knew that they were jealous but I didn’t know they would such a blunder. Then he was thrown out of the house. He had flight booked for my child and for himself next morning. I requested my father in law to send him to the airport anyhow. My dad also waited but they didn’t send him. We came to know about everything they did to my dad and this was that was the worst night of my life. My husband got to the true Colors of his parents. They blamed my father for their bad intentions and everything. We always knew what kind of people they were but never thought they would cross the limit this far. Then my husband and his father had intense arguments because of this. And then my laws blocked both of us. They haven’t shown us our child since 26th Feb 2022. We have seen him for three times in these two months upon requesting an uncle. We tried everything to sort this out internally but in vain. I realised that they won’t change. Then I decided to take help of other authorities. I contacted a constable of Bajhang and he asked me to contact the DSP. I contacted him too and explained everything. Since my father in law is a influential person in Bajhang as is he a DFO, DSP knew him and he said he will talk to my father in law. But what happened, nothing!!! In fact, this DSP joined my father in law and asked me to back off. He asked me to tolerate this shit. Where is the justice?? Why can’t the system just process and do the right thing??? These laws are no less than a criminal to me. They have kidnapped my child. Even lawyers there are his friend and they do nothing. Please help me and help me get the Justice. First crime they did was to threaten, curse and attempt to hit my dad who was a guest and second crime they did is keeling my child there forcefully. And please note, if you think why we are not going there and bringing our child here, then I should tell you that visa is the reason. He doesn’t have a visa and we can’t go coz  we have visa condition. I have applied for a visa for my child but we it will take time. I wish I could put my laws in jail. If not In jail, at least I want the custody of my child and no Rights regarding my child to them. They are saying that they won’t send their grandchild to dhangadhi, no matter what we do. Please help!!!!!

What are the legal punishment for holding someone's citizenship intentionally?
  • posted by Anonymous Alien |
  • 1 year ago

Dear sir/madam: My question as follow: 1. If somebody takes and holds another person's Citizenship (Nagarikta) intentionally and doesn't give back? What legal punishment he or she will get? 2. If someone already knows about law that it's a legal crime to hold someone's citizenship, and intentionally gives Nagarikta (for deposit while borrowing money) to third person who is not aware of this law, in such case what legal punishment could have for both persons?

उसको नागरिकतामा उसको पहिलो श्रीमानको थर र नाम लेखेको छ अब मैले त्यो थर र नाम बदलेर मेरो थर र नामबाट उसको नागरिकता बनाउन चाहन्छु ।
  • posted by Devendra Basnet |
  • 1 year ago

नमस्ते, हामीले करिब ७ वर्ष अगाडी भागेर प्रेम विवाह गरेको तर ४ वर्ष अगाडी हाम्रो परिवारले सामाजिक रितिरिवाज अनुसार बिहे गरि दिएको र त्यसपछि हामीले वडा कार्यालयमा गएर विवाह दर्ता गरेको अहिले हाम्रो ढाई वर्ष कि छोरि छिन् । विवाह दर्ता गर्दा मैले मेरी श्रीमतीको नागरिकता वडा कार्यालयमा पेश गरिन किन भने मेरी श्रीमतीको नागरिकतामा उसको पहिलो श्रीमानको थर नाम थियो उसको पहिलो श्रीमानले उसलाई मानसिक यातना दिदै आएको थियो र त्यसैले उ आफ्नो श्रीमान संग सम्बन्ध बिच्छेद नगरि नै छुटेर बसेकी थिइन् उनीहरुको कानुनीरुपमा अहिले सम्म सम्बन्ध बिच्छेद भएको छैन। उनि मसंग आए पछि उसको पहिलाको श्रीमानले पनि अर्को बिहे गरि सकेका छन् र उसको बच्चा पनि भईसकेको छ। मेरी श्रीमतीको परिवारले र मेरो परिवारले हामी दुवैजनालाइ अपनाई सकेका छन् अहिले हामि सुखी दाम्पन्त्य जीवन बाचिरहेका छौँ । तर अब एउटा समस्या छ उसको नागरिकतामा उसको पहिलो श्रीमानको थर र नाम लेखेको छ अब मैले त्यो थर र नाम बदलेर मेरो थर र नामबाट उसको नागरिकता बनाउन चाहन्छु । त्यसका लागि के के प्रक्रिया अपनाउनु पर्छ कृपया हामीलाई सुझाउ दिनु होला । हामी तपाईहरुको आभारी हुनेछौं नोट : यस साइटमा मेरो समस्या जस्तो मिल्दो जुल्दो केहि प्रश्नहरुको जवाफमा श्रीमतीले सम्बन्ध बिच्छेद बिनानै अर्को बिहे गर्दा ति दुवैको स्वत: सम्बन्ध बिच्छेद हुने कुरा पढे के नेपालको कानुन अनुसार यस्तो हुन्छ? हुन्छ भने यस्तो कुन कुन परिस्थितिमा हुन्छ? के अदालतबाट सम्बन्धबिच्छेद नगरीकनै मेरो नाम र थर उसको नागरिकतामा सच्याउन मिल्छ ? मिल्छ भने के के प्रक्रिया अपनाउनु पर्छ कृपया हामीलाई सुझाउ दिनु होला ।

1 year agadi dhito pas bhako jagga kinnda dhito pass garneko wife le firta garna pauxa?
  • posted by Hem Rai |
  • 1 year ago

Namaste. Maile 1 month agadi X sanga  10 kattha jagga kineko thiye. Jun chai 1 year agadi X le Y lai dhito pass gareko thiyo. Aahile jaggako bato ko quality badheko karan X ko wife le ghar salla nabhai becheko le jagga firta pau bhani case gareko xa . Pheri jaggako thaili yekdam minimum rakhiyeko xa. Shoud i fight or make compromises? Thnak you in advance.